The recruitment space is flooded with many very capable, strong recruiting professionals who deliver an excellent service. However, it is also full of inexperienced & underqualified individuals who simply do not put the candidate or the client first. These recruiters may have a bad reputation for several reasons:
- Pushy sales tactics: Some recruiters may use aggressive sales tactics to pressure candidates and clients to accept job offers or to use their services.
- Lack of transparency: Some recruiters may not provide clear information about the job requirements, salary, benefits, or the recruitment process, leading to confusion and frustration for candidates and clients.
- Poor communication: Some recruiters may not communicate effectively with candidates and clients, leading to misunderstandings and missed opportunities.
- Lack of follow-up: Some recruiters may not follow up with candidates and clients after the job placement, leading to a lack of support and a negative experience.
- Unprofessional behavior: Some recruiters may act unprofessionally by not showing up for interviews, not returning phone calls or emails, or behaving inappropriately during the recruitment process.
- No knowledge of the role they are recruiting for: When recruiters have knowledge of the roles they are recruiting for, they can better understand the job requirements and the skills and qualifications necessary to perform the job effectively. This allows them to more accurately screen and assess candidates and present the most suitable candidates to the hiring manager.
It's important to note that not all recruiters are the same, and there are many reputable and professional recruitment agencies that prioritize ethical and effective recruitment practices. To ensure that you work with a reputable recruiter, you should research different agencies, read reviews from candidates and clients, and ask for referrals from trusted sources. You can also interview the recruiter before working with them to ensure that they have the expertise, experience, and communication skills necessary to meet your needs.
To learn more about Ekanite Consulting’s core values and recruitment services, please book a consultation.